RockAss.net; Dreams

Just your basic dream journal. I will attempt to record all of my dreams here, no matter how mundane or humiliating they may be.
Keep in mind, I wake up and crawl to the computer and write these before coffee, tea or anything so yeah, they're a mess. Enjoy.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Sacramento, California, United States

Sea Monkey devotee since childhood.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Taking my dad's cigarettes

My dad had a problem with his heart last year and after having a stint put in to keep one of the arteries open he finally quit smoking. I am so relieved to see him quit at last. But I guess in my subconcious I still worry about him being able to stay away from the smoke. The man is in his sixties (early sixties, I'm sure he'd insist I put that in) and he smoked pretty much ALL his life. Hence this dream:

I'm with my dad in his backyard when I suddenly notice he has a lit cigarette in his mouth. I pluck the cigarette from him and I break it. He steps towards me and I easily step away while berating him for smoking, using lots of colorful language. I reach foward and pat his pockets finding a pack which I take from him and crumple. I then head into his house, staying a step ahead of him the whole time while searching for cigarettes. I woke up feeling quite strange.

In real life I'm still afraid of my dad, as one boy should be, but I think seeing him smoking might just give me the inspiration I need to kick his ass. He isn't smoking though, and I'm so glad. I need him to stick around long enough to see me get a book published or a film made and to meet any kids I might be having some day, and when I "make it" I'm going to take him to Denmark just like he took his dad to Denmark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home